Screlec, French compliance scheme for batteries and accumulators
Who is Screlec?
Screlec is a non-profit compliance scheme approved by the government and in charge of collecting and recycling waste batteries in France.
For more than 20 years, Screlec has been building a responsible and optimized organization to answer to your technical, operational, regulatory and ecological challenges.
Our collection and recycling activities are exclusively financed by our members who are batteries and accumulators’ producers.
Our commitment is to optimize our activities while guaranteeing a quality service to our members.
- 5 000 members (from the multinational company to smaller one)
- 32 000 collection points
- more than 5 300 tonnes of batteries and accumulators have been collected in 2021
- more than 90% of the batteries and accumulators collected by Screlec are recycled in France
Screlec helps you with French regulations
The European battery directive has been transposed into national law in the EU member states. This national regulation allows producers and distributors to fulfil their obligations by joining a collective scheme embodied by Screlec.
The producer and distributor’s obligations can be:
- The collection and the treatment of a certain national quota of batteries related to the average volumes put on market
- The proper treatment of the collected batteries and the achievement of certain national recycling targets for treated batteries
- Financing the collection and recycling of its own batteries
- The registration in national registers for batteries
Screlec’s membership both allows you to fulfil your obligations and access to a customized service :
- Compliance with the legislation in the framework of an economic solution mastered by the third-parties.
- Helping you with your declaration. This declaration has to be done once a year.
- Supporting your company through communication’s actions
- Registration and declaration with the French Environment and Energy Management Agency
To join Screlec
1 – To join Screlec, please complete the form, by clicking on « inscription adhérent ».
To help you complete this form, we invite you to download our “Registration procedure”.
2 – You will then receive the following contract by email, to be signed in electronic format : membership contract
3 – Then, the countersigned contract is mailed to you by regular post and your access to Screlec website is provided by e-mail. Your member’s profile is created.
If you (or your customer) want to become a collection point in France, please discover our offer Batribox.
For more information, please contact :
Emmanuel Delamort, Producers Service
0033 (0) 1 44 10 82 98